Join Chicago's top Nanny Agency!
The process for applicants
Welcome applicants, we’re so happy you’re interested in Second City Nannies! We work hard to help you locate a position in which you will feel apprecitated and fulfilled each day.
Please submit your online application and resume. (Please only apply to one position – as you will be considered for all open positions if you fit the clients skillset).
Please note that the application review process can take 2-4 business days.
What We Look For IN GREAT NANNIES:
- A well-suited demeanor for working with children.
- Authorization to work in the US.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a full-time nanny or a steady part-time nanny working in private homes.
- Exceptional childcare references and confirmation to strong communication skills, reliability, punctuality, maturity, and high emotional intelligence.
- Updated resume outlining childcare experience.
- Ability to commit for a minimum of 1 year for all permanent positions.
- Education or equivalent knowledge of ages and stages of child growth and development.
- Open to help with light household related tasks for child care (meal prep, organizing, laundry, etc.).
- A clean background to pass our comprehensive background check.
- A professional appearance.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and email proficiency.
- Following CDC guidelines to protect themselves and others from Covid-19.
Additional qualifications we look for:
- Training and certifications such as First Aid, CPR & AED, early childhood education, and special needs background.
- Driver’s License
- Special Needs experience, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages
- Other attributes; able to play an instrument, strong swimmer, background in arts.